For those of you who aren't counting down as much as I am (which is inevitably all of you), I hit the 36 week mark on Tuesday. I can't tell you how good it feels to have 8 months of my pregnancy safely behind me. With every milestone I've hit I've done a little celebration that I've made it "so far". This pregnancy has almost seemed unreal to me, mostly because it's been so NORMAL and HEALTHY. I kept expecting something to go wrong, but everything has been perfect so far and being on the home stretch feels REALLY GOOD!
Here's what I look like now:
I feel like I've gotten HUGE, but according to pretty much everyone I've asked I look tiny for 8 months... I guess I'm happy about that. :-)
The baby preparations are pretty much done now. My biggest worry had been where the baby was going to sleep for the first month or so after we brought her home, but my mom solved that by getting us a moses basket. Here's what it looks like:
I put it on a little table next to our bed, and just to make sure it was nice and sturdy I put Tieg in it and let her give it a try. Don't worry though, she absolutely hated it, so I think we're safe that she won't try to climb in with baby. :-)
We also had a tour of the hospital, which served to alleviate a lot of my other anxieties. It was nice to see where we're going to be, and have the nurse explain pretty much what would happen after the delivery. I'm geting super excited, and anxious for the pregnant part to be over and the Mom part to start. :-) At least I don't have too long to wait!
Butterbeer
9 years ago
1 comments:
Cute! The Moses basket worked super well for us--much more portable than a bassinet. She stayed in it for almost 2 months. Not sure if you know about it already, or are interested, but BuyBuyBaby sells a wooden Moses basket rocker to hold it that I REALLY wish I had for Isabelle. You just pop it in the top and it raises it up and makes it really easy to just reach over and rock the baby in the middle of the night :) Totally a lifesaver. The website is http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=15130261& in case you're interested. Congrats on the 36 week mark!!
Post a Comment