Thursday, July 02, 2009

1 cm dilated and 50% effaced

This isn't a particularly exciting post, but I did have my "36 week" appointment today, even though I'm just over 35 weeks since my doctor will be out of town next week. Nothing has really changed since the last appointment- bp is still good, belly still measures well, I'm still gaining weight appropriately and although my rings don't fit my swelling in minimal. I did have my strep B test today, but I won't find out the results for another week and a half. He also checked me for dilation and effacement, and much to my surprise I'm already dilate a centimeter and half way thinned out. I guess that means we're on our way, but there's no predicting when I'll go into labor. 4 1/2 weeks until D-day.

We're getting anxious and excited for this baby's arrival, and hopefully she won't keep us waiting for too long (the thought of this pregnancy going to 42 weeks... don't want to think about it). I'm getting a little stir crazy hanging out at home, and with being so very pregnant I'm having a hard time getting out to do things. It's getting harder to move and breathe and since we don't want to spend a ton of money our options are limited. I'm also getting a little nervous about Christian being gone at Scout camp at the end of July. He'll be gone the 20th through the 24th, and I'm paranoid I'll go into labor during that week. I guess we'll wait and see.

2 comments:

Sterling and Cori Anne said...

Don't worry about Christian being gone because you can just call him at the first signs of labor and have him come home. Labor takes so long anyway I'm sure he''ll have plenty of time to get to you. Also if there was a part of labor I would be okay with Sterling missing it would be the very beginning.

Sarah Burrell said...

That's pretty much what my doctor said. Since he's only going to be about 30-45 minutes aways the doctor said to just make sure there is someone within 15 minutes away to take me to the hospital should things go really fast. My mother-in-law is coming to stay, so that's got me worrying A LOT less.