With my due date only three weeks away I decided it was time to figure out the carseat and get it installed in my car. It took me a little while to figure out the instructions and to figure out where the LATCH anchors were located in my car, but eventually I figured it out. The hardest part was getting the straps attached to the LATCH anchors because they are located behind the seat and I had a difficult time getting my hand in there. After some struggling I think I got the base installed correctly and the carseat hooked in, but just in case I am going to call the Utah County Health Department and see about having them do a carseat check in the next week or so.
In other news, I had my 37 week OB check-up today. Everything still looks great, though I've hit the 35 pound mark for weight gain and I'm starting to get a little nervous about taking it off after the baby is born. I was a little dissapointed that I'm only 1 1/2 cm dilated, but I am 70% effaced and the baby is head down and low in my pelvis, so I'm making slow progress. He also estimated that she weights about 7 pounds, which I have to admit makes me a little nervous since she could still grow for another three weeks and I am just one tiny woman. The doctor just laughed at my concerns and said he didn't anticipate I'd have any problems delivering a 7 to 8 1/2 pound baby... I guess we'll see. :-)
Butterbeer
9 years ago
1 comments:
I gained 35 pounds too. I took me about 9 months to be back to my pre pregnancy weight. The first two months the weight comes off pretty fast. It's just the last 15 pounds seemed to take forever. Good luck and remember it's all for the baby (which is most important)!
Post a Comment