Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Receiving Blanket part 2 and other random updates






So about 30 minutes after the last post I decided I really didn't want to leave the yellow receiving blanket like it was. I pulled out all the stitching and re-did the top-stiching on the entire blanket. I used the zig-zag stitch instead of a straight stitch. I also didn't try to turn the corners this time. I am still a pretty novice seamstress and just getting a straight line is difficult for me. I think it turned out a bit better than my first attempt. It's still not perfect, as you can probably see from the pictures ... but I've been told this sewing thing gets easier with practice.


In other news, I also went and finished my baby registry at Target tonight. This registry trip was much better. I don't know if it's the obvious bump, or if people at Target are just nicer, but I had a much better time registering tonight than I did at BRU. My mom should be happy now though- she was on my case tonight to get the registry finished since the invitations to my baby shower (on May 9th) are going in the mail on Saturday.


I also had my 24 week appointment today. Even though Christian would rather see her on another ultrasound it was still nice for both of us to get to hear our baby girl's heart beat again. She's so cute, she kept moving out of the way of the doppler--- apparently she didn't like being squished in there. They also measured my bump for the first time today. I'm measuring 23 centimeters, which is apparently just right for 24 weeks (Dr Watabe told me I should be within 2 cm of how many weeks I am). It was a relief to know that I'm measuring just right, even though I still think I look pretty tiny. Everything with my pregnancy looks absolutely perfect and I'm officially considered very low risk. YAY! I do still have to have a glucose tolerance test, but apparently this test is routine for anyone. I'm not looking forward to drinking the bottle of orange stuff in my fridge, but hopefully the results of that test will come back normal. :-) I also found out from my doctor that he will schedule an induction for 1 week past my due date, which means that in 17 weeks we will definetly have a baby. It's crazy to think that I'm only 16 weeks away from my due date today... this last half of my pregnancy has definetly been going by much more quickly than the first half. Let's hope it keeps up this way!




1 comments:

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.