As mentioned in a previous post, I've been on a craft/sewing kick lately. I finished my first ever quilt last Saturday and decided to post some pictures to show it off. Since it's my first ever attempt at a quilt and my first time on a sewing machine in years, it's not perfect. I wish I would have taken a picture before I washed it because washing has bmade the top pucker a little bit. That might be due in part to the fact that I tied it instead of quilting it. I just don't have the patience for hand quilting and I was afraid I would ruin it if I tried machine quilting. But never-the-less it's ababy quilt that I made for my baby, so that makes it special.
I've also tried my hand at a few burp cloths. The inspiration came from homemadebyjill.blogspot.com, but I made some changes. I did a 9x18 rectangle instead of a peanut shape, and instead of just one seam down the middle I actual "quilted" them, sewing a seam down the middle the long way and three seams the short way making 8 squares. I kept the rag edge because it means less pressing and I can be a little less careful with my seam allowance. Here are a few pictures.
0 comments:
Post a Comment