I still don't look pregnant by most people's standards, but believe it or not I've gained 5 pounds and about 2-3 inches. I really wish I had a "before" picture as comparison, but here I am a few days ago.
Although to me I'm starting to look huge, most people don't even believe me that I'm pregnant. I have one friend in the ward who's 16 weeks and looks MUCH more pregnant than me (granted it's her second) and another friend who's 10 weeks with her first and look more pregnant than I do. It should make me happy, but sometimes it makes me anxious that the baby isn't growing. I was feeling nervous enough yesterday at my 18 week appointment that I asked Doctor Watabe about it. He of course assured me that everything is good, baby is growing just fine and everything felt normal for 18 weeks when he did my exam. He said that I'm "tall", which made me laugh since I'm just under 5'4" and have never been called tall in my life, but that my proportions and build make me "hide" a pregnancy for longer than a lot of women. He assured me that I'll be showing soon enough, maybe even by my 20 week ultrasound. I just hope I don't walk in the room and have the US tech ask me if I'm sure I'm 20 weeks pregnant. :-)
4 comments:
Oh you look so cute. I think you look pregnant, but thats because you looked like a stick before. And now you look like a stick that ate a cantaloupe.
That's pretty much what my mom said. :-)
Love it!! I'm glad I'm not the only one. Our bishop is convinced I am lying about my pregnancy to get released from cub scouts! Just be grateful people aren't asking if your baby is coming next month!
Haha! Good point! :-)
Post a Comment