We got home this morning (at 2:30) from my first trip to Yosemite National Park in California. Christian has been a million times, but he's wanted to show me the park since before we got married. It was a great trip. I'm so glad we got the opportunity to go before we have children, but the whole time we were there I kept thinking how fun it would be to go for a family vacation. ::sigh:: Soon enough, I hope!
I'll post a full account of our trip soon, but until then here are a few pictures to get you going.
Hiking at Mirror Lake (which isn't so much a lake right now as it is a dry lake bed.... more pictures to come)
Christian in front of the coolest tree ever!
I have to say, the only bad thing about the trip was the camping. No I don't mind sleeping on the ground, but I feel positively hideous in these pictures due to a lack of showers and makeup. I really am kind of a princess it turns out. I've decided that being a guy on these trips is much more appealing than being a girl. Here's why:
1.) shorter hair does not look as bad when it's dirty. Plus you have the added bonus of looking good in a hat
2.) Nobody complains if you don't shave when you're a boy on a camping trip. If you're a girl you have to wear pants, or look like a sasquatch.
3.) If you're a boy, you're expected to stink.
Haha... next time Christian said we could stay in a lodge or a cabin with actual mirrors and showers. ANd next time we'll go alone so that I don't have to spend the entire trip chasing after the three climbing boys.
2 comments:
You're crazy. You look BEAUTIFUL in these photos!!! Naturally beautiful! ~ H
You're way too kind! But I think that's why I like you! :-)
Post a Comment