Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Weekend adventures...

This weekend was definetly an interesting one...

Friday night I had a recital/master class with my voice teacher and her other students. Singing I love; singing in front of people doesn't bother me. Singing in front of other singers is SERIOUSLY NERVE WRACKING- especially when they get to make comments on your singing. Inspite of my out of control vibrato (I have it in scads... whether I try or not), my song went pretty well and the feedback was good, and helpful. I sang "Once Upon a Dream" from Jekyl and Hyde (which I'm currently listening to)- which feels like it was MADE for MY voice. I have three other pieces I'm working on: In His Eyes (from Jekyl and Hyde), Sure On This Shining Night (an American Art Song by Samuel Barber), and Vittoria, mio core! (which translates to "victorious my heart is!-- a cantata in Italian by Giacomo Carissimi). Shameless plug-- I have a recital (with other voice students) on November 25th at 7pm at Piano Gallery in Orem. I'll be singing two pieces, most likely one musical theater and one classical. It should be fun.

I got home from the recital to find that the power had gone out on our whole block-- apparently due to equipment failure, whatever that means. We dug out all the candles and the flashlights and the headlamps, had McDonalds by candle light, and went to bed at 10pm.

Saturday morning we got up early (well, early for us on a Saturday due to going to bed so early the night before) and went to REI to pick up a few things for the Yosemite trip. We have about 25 Cliff, Luna, and Power Bars... which should last us not only for hiking and climbing in Yosemite but for long after.

There's much more to say, but this is long and I MUST go work on outlining my english paper.

0 comments: