Saturday, August 15, 2009

One week later.

I can't believe that Joanna is already a week old (actually, as I'm writing this post she's 9 days!)!!! It blows me away. Having her come into our lives has been the most amazing thing that has ever happened to Christian and me. We love being parents, and our marriage is stronger than ever! Even last night, when we were up with her until 4 am (as of 10:20 Daddy is still sleeping. awww... he's tuckered), it was wonderful to be up with a baby because it means we FINALLY have a child of our own. Christian has been an amazing husband, especially since the birth of our daughter. He holds her, he rocks her, he kisses and hugs us both tons, he made dinner the other night (Granny was here and seasoned the steaks and potatoes and cut up watermelon, Daddy cooked everything and made a salad and corn), he's vacumed, and I've shoved him out the door to go climb and golf every few days. I feel so blessed to have such a caring and attentive husband. We will really miss Daddy when he goes back to work on Monday! :-( ::SIGH:: That's the drawback of getting out just after memorial day, the kids start back WAY sooner out here and teachers have to be there a week earlier.

We've also been extrememly blssed to have Granny Dixie staying with us. She came Wednesday night, and made it just in time to help us to the car to go to the hospital (she was planning to come Wed anyway since I was scheduled to be induced on Thursday). She has loved and cuddled Joanna, shopped, fixed meals, scrubbed my tub, my toilet, my sink, vacumed, mopped my floors, folded my laundry, done my dishes, run errands, spoiled us rotten, and spent hours and hour talking with me about everything from baby care to my husbands tourette's syndrome, to funny stories, to just letting me vent and ramble about everything on my mind. She left yesterday morning to go help Christian's Grandma at her new house (we're so excited that Grandma Letha has moved to Utah!), so she'll be in town for another week if we need her. I think I'm going to go through Granny withdrawls having her gone. Can I really do this on my own? Granny says yes... I hope she's right.

Here are more pictures (my child will probably go blind from the flash bulb going off in her face constantly)... I can't get enough of her, can you?

Being fed by Daddy for the first time. Thank you breast pump! (Notice that Tieg needed cuddles too)

Four generations of Burrell Women: Great Grandma, Joanna, Mommy, and Granny Dixie

She seemed to really love her Grandma Letha

Isn't this beautiful of Granny and Joanie? I LOVE IT! (Grandma Letha was taking a picture, so I took this profile shot)

Our Family

Taking pictures with her pretty mommy. She wasn't thrilled about the photo shoot, but mommy insisted.

8 Days after having a baby!

Playing dress up. This outfit won't fit for awhile (even though it's a 0-3 mo), but I had to get a picture for Grammie Luckhardt. I've called J peanut since I found out I was pregnant and this little onesie (LOVE GARANIMALS BRAND FROM WALMART!) says "Pint Sized Peanut". Mom found it and gave it to me for my baby shower.

Granny and her girls

Jessica and Joshua came over to play!
Sarah and Joshua, Jessica and Joanna, and Tieg- never far from her baby


Daddy dressing her after her first bath at home (he has a hard time with socks and her kicky legs).


First bath at home. Even though her umbilical stump fell off at 5 days old, we decided not to attempt the baby tub the very first time we bathed her. We tried yesterday though, and it was a success!

Mommy loves to bathe the baby.

It's definetly been a crazy, busy week, but it's also been the most beautiful and blissfull week of my life. We've had a lot of help! Meals brought by friends, lots of visitors and gifts and lots of well wishes! Thank you everyone for all you do! We love you and can't wait for you to watch J grow up with us!

0 comments: