Where has the time gone? I swear it was just yesterday that I was complaining about being huge and pregnant and already my little peanut is four months old. Actually, she’s more like 4 1/2 months, but since we just had her four month appointment today I waited to post.
Here are her stats:
Weight: 13 lbs (25th percentile)
Height: 23 3/4 inches (75th percentile). Interesting fact, she and Joanna have been the same height at both 2 months and 4 months, which means they both did the jump from 50th to 75th percentile. I wonder if that trend will continue. I am still utterly perplexed by the idea that Christian and I have tall children.
Head: I don’t remember the exact measurement and I’m too lazy to walk to the other room to look it up, but she is in the 50th percentile. I only find this significant because she’s been from 40-50th percentile since birth and Joanna has always been in the 5th-15th percentile. It really makes me wonderful if Molly’s (relatively) big head is the reason my labor stalled with her.
A few things about Molly lately. She is the sweetest baby I have ever met. She has this smile that lights up her entire face and makes it impossible to be upset. She is such a social little thing too. She will grin and smile and coo all day if you interact with her. She also has this funny little habit of grabbing our faces when we are holding her but not paying attention to her. It’s pretty endearing.
At 4 1/2 months she is officially mobile, rolling from place to place. It seems completely insane to me! Joanna didn’t roll from front to back until 5 1/2 months (which my ped says is average), Molly rolled from front to back at 9 weeks. J didn’t roll from back to front until after 6 months, Molly did this at 3 1/2 months. And J didn’t roll from place to place until around 7-7.5 months and at 4.5 months Molly is already on the move. I am not ready for her to be mobile yet and I’m a little nervous that this means she will walk at something absurd like 8 months. Oy vey!
Molly’s favorite activities include being held, baby tosses with Daddy, bath time (especially with big sister), the spinning suction cup toy on the high chair, the jumparoo, dancing, and rolling around. She does not like the bouncy seat anymore and does not like being left alone for even 10 seconds.
It is so much fun to watch her change and grow. And she’s really fun to take pictures of as evidenced by the plethora of photo’s I took on her 4 month birthday. Here are just a few.
0 comments:
Post a Comment