Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A little Joanna update and 38 weeks

           In the past two weeks or so Joanna has seemed to go into full fledged toddler mode! She is suddenly more independent than ever, insisting on brushing her own teeth (ah, the daily battle to make sure I get in there and get them clean), washing her own hands, picking out a sippy cup (one day she would not drink out of anything other than her John Deere tractor cup), etc… She’s also gone from a limited vocabulary to a regular chatty Kathy. She knows almost all of her animals and body parts, and she can do most of her animal noises.

         And just because she’s so ridiculously cute, a few pictures:

May 2011 052 May 2011 053 May 2011 047 May 2011 050

        We’re also getting closer and closer to Joanna becoming a big sister! I am scheduled to be induce a week from today, May 24th, and I couldn’t be more excited! At my doctors appointment on Friday my doctor told me, “you could make it to your induction date, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see you sooner than that”. Of course, that has just gotten my hopes up and every day since I’ve been disappointed when I don’t go in to labor. On Friday I was 1 1/2 CM, 80% effaced and her little head was super low (as if I couldn’t already tell). I’ve been having regular, painful contractions every night, but they go away after a few hours. I’m trying to relax and just enjoy my last few days of feeling her move around, but I’m so uncomfortable it’s hard. Stay tuned though, maybe the next post will be announcing the birth of our little Molly!

0 comments: