Saturday, August 29, 2009

Three Weeks

I've been meaning to post for a week now, but life is busy with a new baby and I wanted to have pictures. Alas, Christian took the camera out climbing with him today and we haven't taken any new pictures in a week and a half (aren't we just terrible)... but I thought I'd post anyway.

August has gone by in a flash. I can't believe it's almost September and that my baby girl is already over three weeks old! Pregnancy dragged on so long that I thought we'd never get here.... and yet here we are.

First things first, we had our two week appointment for Joanna a week ago. She was back up to her birth weight, 6 pounds 6 ounces exactly, and 20 1/4 inches long. I laughed that she "grew" 3/4 of an inch, but the nurse said they probably didn't stretch her out completely at the hospital. She's in the 50th percentile for height, the 10th percentile for head circumference and the 5th percentile for weight. I guess she's just long and skinny with a tiny head. But really, the doctor said she's healthy, must be eating well since she's gaining weight back, and we're doing a good job (yay!). She had to have a heel stick so they could do her second PKU test. She didn't like that very well, but I can't say I blame her.

Overall Joanna is a really good baby. Honestly, we're spoiled rotten by this girl. You could practically set your watch by her, she's that predictable. She's a GREAT sleeper. During the day I wake her up every 3 hours to eat, and at night she sleeps a good 5-6 hour block. I probably can't expect this to last forever, but it's held true since she was about 5 days old. Not that she doesn't have her periods of fussiness, but they are usually short lived and easily remedied by cuddles from mom. She's definitely a mama's girl to the great disappointment of her father, but I'm sure that will change as she gets a little older. She loves her swing, her bouncy chair, her stroller, going for rides in the car and shopping with mom. She's honestly so much fun right now, and pretty easy. :-)

0 comments: