Today is officially my due day, but yes I'm still pregnant. I did have a doctors appointment today though. I still haven't made any significant progress- I'm 2 cm 80% effaced- but the baby is doing well and is healthy. I however have had enough of being pregnant. I guess you never really understand something until you've gone through it yourself, but I finally understand why women get to the end of their pregnancies and have just had it. I'm not sleeping, I'm nauseated, I can't walk without waddling, I pee every 2 minutes and my hips and pelvis hurt so much I hardly want to move. There is good news though- I'm being induced on Thursday. It's hard to believe that I really am to the end of my pregnancy and that we should have a baby sometime Thursday or Friday. I'm nervous, both about the delivery and being a mom, but I'm also excited to move on to the next phase. Stay tuned for pictures soon!
Butterbeer
9 years ago
1 comments:
Wow... Thursday? That's exciting! Why do you have to be induced? Do they not want the baby to get too big? I was induced too. I just don't like that you can't get up and walk around after you are induced and that you are in the hospital forever! But at least you will be in an environment with skilled medical professionals knowing they are there to help. That is really comforting.
Post a Comment