Thursday, May 14, 2009

28 Weeks

I've finally arrived at my third trimester- 28 weeks. It's amazing to think that I'm 2/3 of the way done and that in 13 weeks I'll definetly have a baby (my doctor will induce at 41 weeks if I'm still pregnant). I can't believe how fast and yet how slow pregnancy has gone for me. And more than that, I'm absolutely AMAZED at how much my body has changed over the past 28 weeks. I'm still feeling pretty good. I have a lot of back pain, but I hear that's normal and I just have to stay off my feet. I've also had some Braxton Hicks contractions- but those are nothing to worry about. Dr. Watabe said to just consider them practice, and unless they don't go away when I lay down for an hour and drink some water that he's not at all concerned. Our little girl is pretty active, and I love getting to feel her squirm and kick and roll around. Christian also FINALLY got to feel her kick a few weeks ago. I guess 26 weeks is quite late, but our little girl seems to just relax a lot of the time when he talks to her or puts his hand on my belly. We're both very excited to meet her, and I've been having a lot of fun getting her room ready. We ordered the crib yesterday. I have her bedding purchased (mostly), curtains made and shelves put up. I should have everything pretty much ready to go long before she makes her arrival into the world. Until then, stay tuned for lots more updates on our progress and pictures of the nursery. Oh, and here are a few pictures of how my belly has grown. FINALLY strangers can tell I'm pregnant... although I do have people guess 4 months instead of 6 months all the time. (I did these in photoscape, and I'm not great with it yet... but they get the job done. Maybe some day I'll have photoshop).





4 comments:

Sterling and Cori Anne said...

So exciting Sarah! You look so cute!

Sarah Burrell said...

Thanks! I'm enjoying all the extra attention!

Alicia said...

Wahoo!!! You look amazing!! Just make sure to rub the lotion on to help with the stretching skin!! Hope you come to the farewell on Sunday!!

Sarah Burrell said...

I've been lotioning like crazy, and so far no stretch marks (fingers crossed). Unfortunetly I'll be out of town this weekend for a wedding, but Christian might be at John's farewell. I'm sad I'll miss it!