Wednesday, July 18, 2007

So, a little explanation for this post. My mom gave me a sewing machine for my birthday in May. It's taken me until now, the middle of July, to get it out and ready to sew. Now, I'll be honest, I haven't had a ton of experience with a sewing machine in my life time. I've helped my mom with a few projects in the past, but really I haven't done a lot of sewing. None the less, last weekend I decided to finally put it to good use and make a skirt. Here's my first ever solo creation- a two tiered white and brown print skirt.





A few problems.... the hem is slightly crooked (oops), the two tiers on either side of the skirt don't match up.... and my dog got into the last shot, but overall for a first try I feel ok about it. :-)

1 comments:

Tanya D said...

Looks great, especially for a first project! Keep on sewing.